Monday, March 12, 2007

Biting nails and cringing in terror

Well, wish me luck!
I have a job interview on Wednesday, and another tentatively scheduled for Thursday or Friday of this week. The tentative one is exactly what I was doing at my previous job, down to the type of tracking software they use. The one Wednesday is one I'm not completely qualified for, but I'm highly qualified for the largest part of it. I made this clear to the person who contacted me, and they still want to interview me and think I might be right for the position.

Kind of nervous. I don't interview well. I tend to get a bit flustered. I'm qualified, and I'm good at what I do, I just get nervous dealing with new people until I get to know them... and you can't let your nervousness show in job interview!

Add to that the fact that I haven't worked, other than an odd job here and there on the side, since October of last year, and I'm going a tad crazy. Not only do I have to be nervous about the interview, I have to be nervous about the prospect of going back to work in a totally new place with totally new people. For some people, this might seem easy enough, but I'm an introverted, shy, self-conscious person who worked in the same place for almost six years.. And part of me doesn't want to give up my current so-called life of leisure.

Ah, well, I need the paychecks. At least until I become the next J.K. Rowling or Michael Crichton or Orson Scott Card.

No comments: