Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Trying out a new home

Greetings, one and all, and welcome to my new blog home. For those of you who aren't familiar with me from my previous blog over on Myspace (which I have not abandoned, don't worry), I am an aspiring author with great aspirations. I have, to date, written the first two novels (or three; the first book is a tad long) in a series of books titled The Gatehouse, a fantasy series crossing over between middle grade and young adult readers, and adult readers who enjoy a good story. Yes, I have found a reputable agent (i.e. doesn't charge me, but takes a percentage of the sale, and is part of an established and respected agency), and I even had a VERY close call with publication a very short time after completing the first draft of the first book in the series. Details of that are in my old blog (more on that later).

What you will find here will be interesting to some, boring to many, and enlightening and entertaining to a very few. Don't let that scare you off; there will, I hope, be quite a bit of useful information found here. What I will be doing is detailing my experiences with writing my novels, the process of (hopefully) getting them published, and if (no, no, WHEN) that happens, the process of marketing my novels and developing a readership. What you will NOT find here is a lot of shameless self promotion. Notice I said a lot; there will, of course, be a little, particularly once I find a home for my books.

In the meantime, I'm looking for a way to move all of my old blogs from Myspace over here in an archive. If anyone knows how to do that without laboriously cutting and pasting, please let me know. I'd really like to get them moved, because there is a great deal of information there regarding the trials and tribulations I've gone through in the writing game thus far.

No comments: